Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Suspending Disbelief

This little birdie hopped all over my yard that year, early in my arrival to AZ.

I suppose he couldn't fly. I followed him around and managed to get these shots.

We see these beautiful specimen every year. The girls are browner with red decorations. They're all lovely to watch.
So, now you have seen some of the progress pictures of the yard(s) development. Here is a very old picture of the messes that keep reinventing themselves, with a little, just a wee bit of help from me.













The only thing that has stayed in it's place here is the green plastic chair way in the background, under the big tree. All the trees remain, but the bricks (oh, all the places they've been) for the most part have complicated joints in my bones many times...where's the dolly?! Hiding somewhere with the camera, no doubt. Never convenient.
Back yard..
Front yard along the sidewalk...
Carport...where they remain.

That's Stevie Weevie's resting place back there where the bricks still are. Her footprints in cement blocks on one side of her.
I want to plant zinnia's above her.

The canopy frame leg in the upper right hand corner is the leftover skeleton that is now my "clothesline". Where's the clothesline cord I bought 10 years ago for this plan that I didn't see coming...?

These railroad ties were a birthday gift from a friend several years ago and I embedded those two all by myself with about a day's labor of digging and leveraging only to donate them (sometime later) to Church and have two young boys come and, in about 30 minutes, lift and load 8 of them without breaking sweat. Thank you Brian and Matt. They are now car stops in our Church parking lot.

I would just like things to be where they belong, once and for all...

Slowly but surely...
Things do get done. If I could just leave well enough along...































Nature doesn't always help. The lilac bushes, third picture above, struggled. That area gets some direct sunlight. In AZ almost nothing likes direct sunlight. I think two remain, but have likely been transplanted with many other shrubs and bushes, the ones that didn't expire...

Suspending disbelief...
The more things change, the more they remain the same, eh? Always a mess to attend...which is where I'm headed this day I don't have work outside of home...
Little Red-Haired Girl is in the shadow, under the purple Adirondack chair, she's in the corner with the Flintstone bone and Stevie Weevie...








and here...When she was just a bitty thing and her head almost fit her body..

No comments:

Post a Comment