Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Mercy Mercy Me


This month, dish TV’s free previews includes #195 Mil (the Military Channel).


"War huh yeah
What is it good for?
Absolutely nothing
...
They say we must fight
To keep our freedom
But Lord knows
There's got to be a better way"

It is fascinating to view history, to see the amazing feats of accomplishment in technology (man trying to decimate man)... horrifying. Need I say...Normandy! To see the plight in so many civilizations throughout history and how utterly oppressed and manipulated peoples have been.

[Decimation (Latin: decimatio; decem = "ten") was a form of military discipline used by officers in the Roman Army to punish mutinous or cowardly soldiers. The word decimation is derived from Latin meaning "removal of a tenth".
Procedure
A unit selected for punishment by decimation was divided into groups of ten; each group drew lots (Sortition), and the soldier on whom the lot fell was executed by his nine comrades, often by stoning or clubbing. The remaining soldiers were given rations of barley instead of wheat and forced to sleep outside the Roman encampment.
Because the punishment fell by lot, all soldiers in the group were eligible for execution, regardless of the individual degree of fault, or rank and distinction. The leadership was usually executed independently of the one in ten deaths of the rank and file.]

Oh my gosh. Realizing what others have endured...
I feel truly rich and blessed. The horrors.. trenches, foot rot, no winter clothes...

Almost always the battles are for borders and occupying ever more and more land and resources to "save the homeland security". Food, fuel, climate, resources...

Then I see so much hope. So many people realizing that the world is getting smaller and smaller. Our borders are getting closer and closer to each other, and what we can do to "just get along".

No one is an island.

I was the "Cleaning Lady" again today and when I got home, I took L.R.H.G. out for her walk. She was really dancing to go. She has been limping, so I haven't taken her for a couple of days. I missed the walks too. 

I didn't take the camera. Darn Winnie the Pooh!

As I approached the corner, just before we turn right, a flock of birds fluttered above traversing in unison, in kind of a circle until they lighted again upon the top of a telephone pole. (Polls are good for that even if they are often an eyesore)

Since I forgot my camera, I "borrowed" this picture from http://johnkeyes.com/2003/12/birds_on_wires 
I made Little Red-Haired Girl wait while I stood in awe as they adjusted their borders among themselves, quite peacefully; each bird moving over just a little whenever a "friend" eased in on its line. They seem to maintain exact boundaries. If anyone gets too close, another moves or flits over to another pole...no fighting, just ease and please.

Such beautiful things. Birds. And they sound so pretty, chattering among themselves.

As I left, it looked like we might be getting ready for a rain. When I got home, I got my camera a took those shots, yeah, where was my camera when I really wanted it...on the counter...

Rain, that would be nice.


I'm noticing bees already. Spring is springing..

Now it is time to work some more on the "wedding dress" hem...




Night, night.






As was said, "she is really good at laying around doing nothing".

No comments:

Post a Comment