Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Partly Staged, Rosemary and Time

It was a work day today. Tongue in cheek I say that because when I go to My Favorite Lady's house, we play at working.
At some point, she said, "This is what you like to do, isn't it."
I said, "I could do this all day every day and not get tired." (Except for achy, breaky bones and body afterwards, anyway).

We started out playing make-up. She had had me bring her an eyebrow pencil and as girls will be girls, I said, "You have to try this lipstick, it stays on all day."









So we primped for a minute or two...and she decided in the meantime that what she wanted me to do this day was to move all of the furniture around....
(only my favorite thing to do!!)

While I, (Peripatetic Designer), started scoping things out (staging), and taking all the knick knacks off of all the surfaces, and piling them in a heap on the sofa, and moving the sofa to the center of the room so I could vacuum, and move the wall unit to the wall where the sofa had been and....
My Favorite Lady felt especially pretty so went to get her fur coat to play a little dress-up...

Movie star pose...



I did a load of laundry between and we talked about everything under the sun, (we couldn't even quit talking while the vacuum was running; we just talked over it)...
Girls just wanna have fun...
We have a lot to do, but we got a lot done.




I was laying out pictures on the floor thinking of how to place them on the big, open wall now, but we decided we had done as much as we could in a day.

Well, we got it partly staged and a lot decided for where to pick up from on my next trip out. (fix this grammar, will you?)
Time in a day, there is only so much of it and it is much better to be having fun, it doesn't feel like work at all... I only wish I'd had my furniture skids along for the ride, but I've done many years of moving furniture without them before I knew of their miraculous moving capabilities. Oh, well! Next time....

Upon leaving...more of my favorite blue skies and wide open spaces.
I'm a lucky, happy girl having way too much fun for a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment