Saturday, January 21, 2012

Eeyore walks with his head down...

 
My Aunt finds money on the ground all the time. Like Eeyore, she walks with her head down.

I wasn't walking with my head down, but I was walking Little Red-Haired Girl, and she yanks me back once in awhile so that she can sniff something that smells like a cookie to her.

I let her have that control over me, because it is her time.

Today she yanked me back and I found a giant hex bolt embedded in the dirt next to a phone pole. I decided it was unlikely that the phone company would come back and embed it into the phone pole for a step, it had probably fallen out as one.

So I took it home, along with more of the acorn like things ...

Now I was forced to try to imagine what Donna at Funky Junk Interiors would decide to do with this.

I love finding things like this because you never know when they will come in handy for something...

(Like writing a blog about!)

This hex bolt is 10 3/4 long and 5/8 diameter. About $3.16 ea at Bolt Depot for a zinc plated, grade 2. I think my find is galvanized.












Dirt dug yesterday...



  

No comments:

Post a Comment